Thunder Bay Insurance Services Ltd. understands that your privacy is important to you and we are committed to protecting that privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
We will collect, use and disclose personal information, including that previously collected, for the following purposes as required, but not limited to:
* Offering and providing insurance products and services;
* Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
* Verifying your personal information and the accuracy of your personal information with government agencies, industry associations or insurers;
* Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
* Facilitating your payment of premiums and fees;
* Offering and assisting in claims services;
* Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
* Compiling statistics and analyzing business results;
* Complying with the laws or the request of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
* Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies or us.
We will collect, use and disclose personal information and provide such personal information to third parties, as required, including, but not limited to, insurance companies, lawyers, credit and financial organizations.
Your knowledge and consent of our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future personal information practices:
* Your voluntary provision of personal information directly to us or a representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or product (including information previously provided to us);
* Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
* Your consent solicited by us or representative for a specified purpose;
* Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or power of attorney.
If you wish, you may withdraw your consent at any time. We will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide personal information or withdrawing consent could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
We will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
We will protect your personal information by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
We will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require personal information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. We will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means. We will retain personal information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
We are responsible for all personal information under our control and have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee all aspects of this policy. You may request to examine the personal information about you that we retain. In very rare circumstances, we may be entitled, pursuant to the law, to deny such access.
Privacy Compliance Officer
Thunder Bay Insurance Services Limited
14 N. Cumberland St.
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7A 4K9
Toll Free: 1-877-371-8247
If you are not satisfied with our response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.
In this Policy, “client”, “you”, or “your”, includes any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with products or services by Thunder Bay Insurance Services including any other individual for whom the customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.